Sunday, November 8, 2009

Punk ass book jockeys

A long time fan of Amy Poehler, I was very amused when this week's episode of Parks and Recreation centered around a turf war between the parks and rec department and the "diabolical”, “ruthless”, "worst group of people ever assembled in history" who are “extremely well-read which makes them very dangerous” -- the library!
Probably what made this even more entertaining was that my group of friends centered around the tv kept howling with laughter and checking my reaction every time librarians or the library were mentioned especially as, according to Poehler's character Leslie Knope, we're "like a biker gang, but instead of shot guns and crystal meth they use political savvy, and shushing" who "work at the worst place in the world."
You can become a fan of the show and watch all the librarian stereotype smashing fun here on Hulu:

2 comments:

  1. I hadn't heard of this show. Reminds me a lot of People Like Us, the Brit pseudodocumentary series. Thank you, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Didn't you just love the latest episode when she yells out her overdue book charges and title? So funny! I showed that clip to my fellow librarians and they totally got a kick out of it.

    ReplyDelete